IOTA, the first open-source distributed ledger created to power Internet of Things(IOT), has come forward to give clarity on the research and development projects and the initiatives the core team is working on. This gives a really good insight to the stakeholders including investors about the future roadmap of the coin.
Strong targets and focus on R&D
A detailed post by Edward Greve, Head of Engineering at IOTA Foundation, on the Medium Channel lays out the company’s R&D projects and also the vision where company is heading. The company through this post admits that its very unclear on what its working on and also its been difficult for them to measure the efforts that has been put in. But even with this unclarity, they have been successful in setting up certain targets for themselves. The areas of development that the post mentions are
- Network: Strengthening and improving the IOTA infrastructure
- Decentralization: The raison d’être for a distributed ledger
- Dapps: Recognizing the need for developer inclusion
- Cryptography: Formalizing our techniques and understanding
- Adoption: Encouraging widespread usage of IOTA
Also, read: Volkswagen to Present Proof of Concept with IOTA at CEBIT 2018
Strong project pipelines
In the same post, IOTA also lays down the project it is working on. It doesn’t give much details but says that it would definitely satisfy the curiosity of people concerned. The project list is as below
- Coordicide: Analysis, modeling, and simulations for coo-less IOTA.
- Autopeering: Understanding the risks involved with automatic peer discovery and user-friendly alternatives.
- Economic Incentives: Understanding how the Tangle works at scale from a game-theoretic perspective.
- Consensus Spec: A detailed spec of the consensus mechanism, building on the basic outline in the whitepaper, intended for peer review.
- Crypto Spec: A detailed spec of cryptography in IOTA, also intended for peer review.
- Attack Analysis: Thorough simulation and analysis of known network attack vectors.
- Exchange Hub: Formerly known as IXI Hub; enables exchanges to integrate IOTA in days or weeks instead of months (already in closed beta with several exchanges!)
- IRI: Ongoing maintenance and improvements to the de facto IOTA node software.
- Coo-free IRI: Rebuilding IRI to allow for alternate consensus mechanisms.
- Qubic: Enabling oracles, outsourced computations, and smart contracts on the Tangle.
- Local Snapshots & Permanodes: Enabling node operators to maintain or dispose of the Tangle history as they see fit.
- C Client: Preparation for deep dives into embedded devices.
- iota.js: Out with iota.lib.js, in with iota.js; fully modularized for npm and fully typed for safety.
- Tanglescope: Enabling deeper insights into Tangle performance and metrics through monitoring.
- MAM+: A fully spec’d, full-featured rewrite of MAM — if all goes well, including PKI out of the box.
- IOTA Controlled Agent: A prototype; early stage implementation of Economic Clustering and swarm logic.
- Trinary hash function: The replacement for Curl-P, built by world-renowned cryptographers, and optimized for the IoT.
- Protocol finalization: On IoT, the IOTA protocol can’t easily be changed for devices that are “out there in the wild.”
Looks like IOTA has its hand full at least for some time and projects looks pretty interesting. IOTA continues to move as one of the most interesting distributed ledgers in current technology. Just a little more transparent outlook will both improve current follower loyalty and offer a more stable landscape for other potential investors.
Will other tokens come out with more transparency of what their future plans are like IOTA and become more investor-friendly? Do let us know your views on the same.
The post IOTA Provides Transparency on its Future R&D and Project Pipelines appeared first on Coingape.
Written by Nilesh Maurya @ https://coingape.com/iota-future-research-and-project-pipelines/ June 17, 2018 Nilesh Maurya