- CoinJoin-based tumblers are imperfect but useful tools to gain privacy on-chain.
- There are three prominent privacy-oriented wallets for Bitcoin, each of which is integrated with a tumbler. These wallets are Wasabi, Samourai, and JoinMarket.
- Wasabi and Samourai have each only raised funds from one source, Cypherpunk Holdings.
- Until recently, Wasabi’s tumbler reused its fee address, making it trivial to identify transactions that used the mixer.
- As mainstream tools like BTCPay Server adopt CoinJoin-based privacy techniques, using Bitcoin privately will become easier.
This research piece is available to
members of The Block Genesis.
You can continue reading
this Genesis research on The Block.
Exploring Bitcoin’s privacy infrastructure written by Matthew Batsinelas @ https://www.theblockcrypto.com/genesis/80083/exploring-bitcoins-privacy-infrastructure-2?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss October 20, 2020 Matthew Batsinelas